Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards scoring system?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards scoring system?

I just opened a new Barclay Rewards card and one of the reasons was the offer FICO scoring. I just recieved an email today saying I have a new score. I opened it and it shows a score of 679. What score is this based on? It is not what FICO is showing me. Refer to my signature line for what FICO and CK are showing.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards scoring system?

Ok so I did a little research on the Barclay website, and in the fine print they say they use the TU FICO score. Wow! It jumped 11pts!! CK shows I dropped 4pts. Now my only question is....how come my score has not changed on the myfico website?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

It seems like not everything triggers movement on the myFICO site. Probably something else will happen and you'll see a new score that reflects this. That's why sometimes you'll see someone post about a strange gain or loss with a different description. It's because other things have happened in the interim that make the results look weird.

Message 3 of 9
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Is the barclay credit score the one that most lenders use or not?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Its_Me wrote:

Is the barclay credit score the one that most lenders use or not?Yes because it is a Fico score from what I have read(but it is only theTU part of the score)

Message 5 of 9
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Thanks joe749usa!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem......it was actually the big reason I applied for this card. Why not save a couple of bucks in order to get your true Fico score. Although I did not know before applying that it would only be from TU.

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays, Walmart & Discover Bank all give Fico 08 generic score. CK is the Vantage 3.0 score if you are getting info on both EQ & TU, this score is a FAKO but it is relevant as its used by some lenders to make credit decisions. All scores not a Fico are considered FAKOs.

Message 8 of 9
roughdraff
Valued Member

Hey, this just happened to me two times within the last 2 months, Barclay system is about 7 to 10 days ahead of my fico, it's weird but they pass your tu fico score b4 my fico go figured. My fico tu had 632 Barclay had 640 about 8 days later it changed with my fico tu to 640 then Barclay said 683 tu fico my fico still had 640 then 6 days later it changed to 683 on my fico tu. There scores us real fico 08.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.