Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Won't Delete...advice?

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Won't Delete...advice?

I called the office of the president.

I owed Barclaycard $1689.48, and it is the largest debt looming on my report. Barclay sold it to a collection agency. I DV'd the collection agency and they promptly deleted their file (they were a shady one subleasing from biglots, if you can even imagine).

I called the OTOP and informed them of this, but they said it will report until the standard 7 years is over.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay Won't Delete...advice?

Lack of debt validation by the debt collector and/or their deletion of their reported collection is separate from the reporting of by the original creditor under your account with them, and does not establish that the debt or any reporting of derogs by the OC was inaccurate.

The reporting by the OC under their accounting will properly remain unless you are able to factually show that it is inaccurate.

If you have any basis for disputing the accuracy of their reporting, you should begin by sending a dispute to the CRA, and have your dispute investigated.

If they verify the accuracy, then you could pursue civil action to have the matter resolved by the court.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Won't Delete...advice?

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

I called the office of the president.

I owed Barclaycard $1689.48, and it is the largest debt looming on my report. Barclay sold it to a collection agency. I DV'd the collection agency and they promptly deleted their file (they were a shady one subleasing from biglots, if you can even imagine).

I called the OTOP and informed them of this, but they said it will report until the standard 7 years is over.

Did you create the debt, is the debt yours? Have you paid/settled the account?

If the debt is yours and you owe it, settle/pay it. If you have not paid it, why would you ask for GW?

Once it's paid, begin a GW campaign.

It could be reinserted under a new collection agency at anytime.

If you have already paid it, all you can do is send GW requests.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.