Did you mean: 

Barclaycard approval requirements?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard approval requirements?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The secured card is Open Sky.  The 2 unsecured are CapOne.  My plan is in 3-4 months when things are looking better credit wise, I'd like to try to refi my car.  My interest rate is almost 15%, payments almost 500$ mo.  I'm trying to prepare to get a mortgatge around Dec/Jan.

Also be aware that any old charged off credit cards that have a balance get held against your UTI%. These should be settled if at all possible during your rebuilding. UTI% is a huge portion of your scores - almost a third.

Thanks Norman, I'll keep that in mind Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I will for sure.  Cant wait for the CLI's to start rolling in.  Im considering having some of my monthly expenses that are currently being direct debited from my checking account to be charged on the cap one cards, then paying them both off before the statement.  That way I dont have to spend extra money just to be sure I'm using the cards.

This is exactly the way to go.  The only recurring expenses I have that aren't being paid via a rewards CC are rent, utilities (only because there is a service fee for paying with CC), and my car payment.  I don't even really use cash anymore, except to go to the taco truck for lunch.  My Cap 1 CL went from $300 to $2,300 in five months because there was so much activity.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I will for sure.  Cant wait for the CLI's to start rolling in.  Im considering having some of my monthly expenses that are currently being direct debited from my checking account to be charged on the cap one cards, then paying them both off before the statement.  That way I dont have to spend extra money just to be sure I'm using the cards.

This is exactly the way to go.  The only recurring expenses I have that aren't being paid via a rewards CC are rent, utilities (only because there is a service fee for paying with CC), and my car payment.  I don't even really use cash anymore, except to go to the taco truck for lunch.  My Cap 1 CL went from $300 to $2,300 in five months because there was so much activity.

I would run my rent through my cards as well, but they charge a ridiculous fee of $36 for doing it.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is ridiculous. Wow. I don't have that much credit...600$ between the cap one cards so I was thinking elect bill, cell phone, netflix, cable and car insurance. How's that for activity?? Haha
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would run my rent through my cards as well, but they charge a ridiculous fee of $36 for doing it.

I've been scouring the net to find a way to write a check against one of my CC for just that reason.  I would love to get $30 off my rent by paying with CC....

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is ridiculous. Wow. I don't have that much credit...600$ between the cap one cards so I was thinking elect bill, cell phone, netflix, cable and car insurance. How's that for activity?? Haha

You've got $600 in credit, so you just have to make mulitple payments throughout the month.  I probably make at least 3 payments to two of my cards, and two to the other one each month.  I think Cap 1 likes to see that you're using the card for convenience, not because you are buying something you don't have the cash for.  I keep an eye on my balances and I make a payment once I have a few hundred on each card.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apartment management actually has a web portal that accepts online payments, just that $36 fee is the killer. At one point when I first moved in I was going to use a Fred Meyers prepaid card for the 1% reward points - it would have given me almost $30 in reward points on top of the $20-$30 I usually get each quarter - till I saw that huge fee! Even with the 1.5% cashback on my QS card its still a negative for me.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.