Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Bank Rewards card - Great for rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Bank Rewards card - Great for rebuilding

I thought I would share this with everyone. Not only am I working to get my credit back, but also keeping my wife's respectable and move towards perfect, and improve my mothers credit.

WIth that, my mother had an average of about 610 score and could not get approved for most unsecured cards. She was never a user of credit, doesn't make a lot of money, but she wants to buy my wife's house. I used MyFICO and noticed Barclays was listed and I knew Barclays gave me credit through US Airways a few years ago. Well, with my mothers credit score we were able to get her approved, for the very first time in her entire life. an unsecured line of credit for $1300! It isn't enough to buy a Ferrari, nothing most would write home about, but for her it was a life long accomplishment I helped her achieve.

SHe does have a lot of collections for medical bills; however, I am slowly seeing, especially with mortgage lenders, that no one cares too much about medical expenses past due. Now, my wife and I did own a pediatric Occupational and Speed therapy clinic so, I must say, if you MUST stiff a medical provider, do so to the "big guys" because it was small owners like ourselves who suffered when people didn't pay. But, rest a little easier knowing most lenders won't look at them too steeply, but it will still have an impact on your credit score.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.