Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays: Charge Off and Past Due

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclays: Charge Off and Past Due

If the creditor sold the debt after it was charged-off, they will discontinue any updates thereafter, as they no longer have the debt.

It's status remains one of a delinquent account, and once the OC reports the mandatory update to $0, they have no further reporting requriment.

You can send a GW request without fear of further damage.  There is nothing further for them to update.

As for a dispute, it is not clear as to whether the credtior actually made any inaccurate reporting.  You wont get any actual delinquencies or the chrge-off removed, and it appears to properly be in a delinquency status, so I dont see a disputable inaccuracy.

What would be your basis for a dispute of the accuracy of their reporting other than the unclear "OK"'s, which are likely not their reporting......

Message 11 of 15
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I see on Experian and separately on a tri-merge is that they are reporting I'm past due for $555 yet under balance and terms it says 0.   How can I be past due ?

Message 12 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It was past due (delinquent) in current status.  They are providing the amount at last reported delinquency.

Reporting $0 balance does not mean there is no more debt.  It means there is no longer a debt due to the creditor because of their sale.

The debt is still floating around, and can be provided by the purchasing debt collector if/when they report.

You can dispute should you disagree, but the salient point is that the OC account had a final delinquency status, but there is no longer a debt owed to them.

That is accurate.

Message 13 of 15
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Midland has the debt and I'm paying them.  I guess my question about Barclays is why is it saying a past due amount if I no longer have a balance with them and is this having an impact ?

Message 14 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Because you were past due when they sold the debt. That didn't change
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.