Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays / Juniper reporting incorrect info

tag
awash242
Contributor

Barclays / Juniper reporting incorrect info

Hi again everyone,

Ive got an old Juniper iTunes Charge-off from Barclays Bank. It was charged off and sent to collections in 2009. The CL on the account was $2000, and the high balance at the time of the Charge Off was $3133. I paid the amount back on 09/09/09, and still have the receipt for the payment. The payment is also showing in my Juniper online account (which I still have access to for some reason) But anyway, on my reports, they are reporting a balance of $1409. I am certain that I owe nothing.

How do I proceed in the best way to have this removed? I'd like to have this CO gone completely. Im assuming because it was a revolving account showing a balance, that it it is hurting my utilization as well...??

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays / Juniper reporting incorrect info

Did you settle or pay in full? I would dispute this as already paid - or something along the lines - 

Unfortunately that will onloy correct the balance, if they didnt agree to delete before, then you would have to hope for GW's after the dispute. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 5
awash242
Contributor

Yes. It was paid in full.

Unfortunately years ago, when I was unfamiliar with PFD's.

So the best course of action would be to dispute to get it reported correctly, and then GW the hell out of them?

Message 3 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

yes dispute the balance, and GW them Smiley Happy 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 5
awash242
Contributor

Just got this alert from SW: Lost 6 points on EQ, but I am about to GW them to death. Wish me luck and PLEASE PM me any addresses or contacts you have. Thanks!

Account opened: 12/2006 
Description: Paid charge off
Account closed by credit grantor
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$1,409$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:Bad Debt; Placed for collection;Bad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:9/1/20083/1/2009
High credit:$1,897$2,000
Description:Charge off account
Amount in high credit is original charge-off amount
Paid charge off
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.