cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays rewards MasterCard approved! but..

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Barclays rewards MasterCard approved! but..

Alright, So here it is. I'm rebuilding and am watching my credit reports almost daily. 5 months ago app'd for cap1 secured, approved. Not exciting i know, but then a month later i app'd for credit one got the minimum 300 CL and as I'm sure a lot of you know already no grace period on that. Yikes, i know but I've made mistakes and rebuilding is expensive. So anyway been paying my balances in full and been watching scores, pretty big jumps. This is good news! After 3 months credit karma recommends applying for cap1 quick silver. At this point I'm thinking i already have a high amount of inq's and a bunch of them fell off. AAOA is shot for awhile it was 9 mos when i app'd. Took a chance app'd for the average credit version, declined. Called for recon knew it wasn't likely but they already pulled the report might as well try. Sorry for being long winded but wanted to give background on this situation. Later I decided I'd try for one last rewards card before going in to inq hibernation. Pulled ex report on 09/21 score 582, app'd for Barclays rewards MasterCard 09/22, approved instantly 500 limit. Cool! Pulled ex again on 09/23 score drops 30 points! Turns out my mother added my dad as an AU on her walmart card, dad and i have same name as him similar address history since i lived at their house. Experian messed up obviously, but it was added to my account same day i app'd for Barclays. Improved aaoa by a lot but wrecked my util. Should i be worried about losing Barclays card? I heard they soft you first 6 mos, but does that include aaoa ? My score will go up after this disappears. Is that a good thing. Am in the like credit approval longshot of a lifetime here ? Ha
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays rewards MasterCard approved! but..

congrats, and good luck on your journey.

Experian and Transunion right now are running a 7 day free trial where you have access to your report and scores for free, and you can easily cancel them within the 7 days to acoid the monthly charges which i believe is 20 bucks/month.

I cant do mine with TU because i did it already earlier this year. however, Exp allowed me to do it and thats how i got my score as you can see on my signature..

the only issue is remembering to cancel it so then you'll have 2 out of 3 scores for free. Smiley Wink

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 2 of 5
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Thanks random_idiot, I've already used those trials, and I'm subscribed.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 3 of 5
J_G
Regular Contributor

Transunion website score is a fake advantage score! To get your real score you need to go to myfico our have a mortgage lender pull your scores.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 4 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@J_G wrote:
Transunion website score is a fake advantage score! To get your real score you need to go to myfico our have a mortgage lender pull your scores.

This may not be an accurate score as it may be an enhanced model. Same goes for Auto loans and some lenders have cc enhanced within their internal scoring model. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.