Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - they love me a little bit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays - they love me a little bit...

Called Barclays to get a CLI and interest rate reduction. Got a 2% rate reduction (not that I need it, I PIF on this card), and a limit increase from $1400 to $1930. (Really? you couldn't go another 70 bucks?)

That puts me at $15,130 in combined limits! My goal was to hit $15K with this last CLI request... MADE IT!

Barclays should report the new limit tomorrow, and Cap One will report on the 9th. I should be able to get my UTI% under 20% total, and under 30% per card when it reports. Right now I'm showing 27% overall, 42% on one card and 25% on the other. Hoping for a couple more points to put me at 620 midscore - right now I'm at 617....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays - they love me a little bit...

Nice!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called Barclays to get a CLI and interest rate reduction. Got a 2% rate reduction (not that I need it, I PIF on this card), and a limit increase from $1400 to $1930. (Really? you couldn't go another 70 bucks?)

That puts me at $15,130 in combined limits! My goal was to hit $15K with this last CLI request... MADE IT!

Barclays should report the new limit tomorrow, and Cap One will report on the 9th. I should be able to get my UTI% under 20% total, and under 30% per card when it reports. Right now I'm showing 27% overall, 42% on one card and 25% on the other. Hoping for a couple more points to put me at 620 midscore - right now I'm at 617....

Congrats Norman.  You are on fire!!!!! Looks like 2016 is going to be a stellar year for you.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Norm!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Norman!!!

Message 5 of 10
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Nice job, Norman.  Congratulations!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 6 of 10
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Great job Norman, Barclays won't even touch me! They declined me with 676 credit score haha

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chezy1025 wrote:

Great job Norman, Barclays won't even touch me! They declined me with 676 credit score haha

They are a bit funny, especially if you have just added new accounts or don't have a lot of recent history.

Message 8 of 10
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I still don't understand them. They declined me twice, 6 months apart. Both times the reason was short credit history! Both times my AoA was over 2yrs haha. At least Cap1 shows me love - and you!

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the APR reduction and also the CLI.

I cant imagine what type of CLI algorithm would stop at 530 bucks instead of 600.

Delighted they reduced your APR by 2% instead of 1.68%!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.