Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis for vacating judgement

tag
sisco
Valued Member

Re: Basis for vacating judgement

Hey superdad,

Do you mean to tell me that a plaintiff is given instructions once a judgement is paid that they are to validate it with the courts (which will then remove it from the defendant's credit report)?   Several years ago, in the presence of the judge, I handed full payment to the plaintiff who sued me for erroneous labor charges (long story) .   I felt intimidated that this went to the court and in front of a judge so I brought a check just in case the judge didn't side with me -- which was the outcome.  The plaintiff and I almost duked it out in court but in the end the judge sided with the plaintiff.   Since then I went to the courts with proof of payment (canceled check) to have my credit report reflect that it was satisfied.  The plaintiff never did this and if it wasn't for this wonderful forum I wouldn't have known that I could do it due to the negligence of the plaintiff.  Since the plaintiff is a hostile individual my luck of getting this off my reports would require an attorney.  What type of attorney should be hired for this? 

Message 11 of 13
guykara
Frequent Contributor

I talked to an attorney today. He told me without cooperation with the plaintiff, there is no way for this to happen. Since I'm aiming to purchase a house, my goal will be to make sure this gets reported as satisfied, rather than removed. I just don't think it'll be removed. Smiley Sad

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Teardrop
New Contributor

Do you have proof of payment?  Can that be sent to the courts for them to say it has been decided based on the judgement was issued?  Since the lawyer states he can't do anything I would send the certified mail letter and then try contacting the plantiff again.  Also if you are wanting to buy a house, perhaps 2.5 hours isn't so far to drive.

btw i live in VA

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.