Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle with CO's while I garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Battle with CO's while I garden

Working on getting these off my credit reports while I garden until later next year.

Sending GW Delete letters everyweek (Found an awesome letter on the internet and modified it a bit).

All of these accounts have been paid.

3 CO's-Capital One

1 CO-Webbank/Fingerhut

1 CO-Verizon

1 CO-Credit One

Just like in Shawshank Redemption, he sent a letter every week.

Will post any updates if any of these are deleted and the letter I used.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Battle with CO's while I garden

What was the basis you provided in your letters explaining why the delinquency reached the level of their charging-off the debt?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost my job because I went to school down in California. School was a total bomb(was lied to, learned my lesson) "cough"UTI. Spent what money I had to move back to Oregon. I was working under the table and made enough to pay my truck payment and insurance. Finally got back on with UPS, but then it was to late to catch up.

Since I'm gardening until later next year, I figured I would be annoying and send letters every week. Maybe someone will get tired of me and delete the tradelines. If nothing happens, at least I tried.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like the basis for forming the argument of prior conditions that were temp, and thus not likely to recur, and that have now been overcome.

If yur credit report now shows that all debts that were previously assumed were not going to be paid (which is what the repoting of a CO means), you can argue that continues showing of a CO does not accurately reflect upon you as a consumer who DOES meet their debt when able.......

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Lost my job because I went to school down in California. School was a total bomb(was lied to, learned my lesson) "cough"UTI. Spent what money I had to move back to Oregon. I was working under the table and made enough to pay my truck payment and insurance. Finally got back on with UPS, but then it was to late to catch up.

Since I'm gardening until later next year, I figured I would be annoying and send letters every week. Maybe someone will get tired of me and delete the tradelines. If nothing happens, at least I tried.

Welcome home, fellow Oregonite! Hope you learned your lesson about that devil to the south of us known as "California"

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  Hey, I love my SoCal with the hippies, gluten free bakeries, ocean views, bad traffic, and over priced ghetto apartments. 

2. Same situation here. I feel you. My fall was last summer. Officially hitting 1 yr post last collection posting next month.  Down to 3, 3 and 2 on reports while gardening.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.