cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle with Citibank has come to a close, I ended up getting my issue resolved!

tag
Germz

Battle with Citibank has come to a close, I ended up getting my issue resolved!

I have battled Citibank and actually won thanks to you all on here. Thanks for your help and advice.

Background story:

-I had a fraudulent account opened in my name and it after X amount of time got turned over to a collections agency. (I had never checked my credit score to see this fradulent account)

-I got harrassed at all times of day and night (from 7am-10pm) at work, fiance's parents house, parents house etc.

-I decided to just pay, $50 per month, to this relentless collectionsagency to stop them from threatening me and calling loved ones. (mistake!)

- Almost 3 years later I got sick and tired of this and decided to grow the heck up and learn about my credit/credit score/credit report.

-I decided to battle Citibank and the CA 

-Citibank was NASTY!!! They asked me for all information an the account I never opened and said its okay whats your current information to see if it adds up. I gave them my current address to which I moved within the past 3 months. They claim the information was correct. That was there first and last mistake since this account was closed 5 years prior and this was a new address. Then they couldnt find any written or verbal agreement of myself an this account so after hammering this home and getting treated horribly by their fraud department. Being told that they have all the information needed to prove this is correct and that they will go after me for filling a false claim. 

-I finally get my mail today and its a Citibank envelope. I open it up and its a letter stating: "In reponse to your inquiry, we requested the consumer reporting agencies to: Delete the account(s) from your credit report."

I am happy that I ended up on the right side of this one since it wasnt my account, it really made this 7 month battle worth it. I just wanted to thank you guys for your help not only to me on me couple posts but also to many on here. It truly helps out reading what to do and what steps to take.

Next battle I now have is with the Collections Agency to recoup the money I paid them throughout that time, just to make them stop calling. Anyone have any suggestions on this one?

On a seperate note, will this actually help my score out? I have ZERO open credit cards since I dont use them. (i know i need to have 1 or 2 to continue to build credit, ill do this very soon) the account being deleted was for 7k.

Thanks again!

Starting Score: EX: 602, EQ: 610, TU 598 (08/27/2013)
Current Score: EX: 659, EQ: 696, TU: 665 (09/10/2013)
Fico: 667
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Battle with Citibank has come to a close, I ended up getting my issue resolved!

Have you filed a FTC Fraud Affidavit and a police report? 

Did Citi actually admit it was fraud?  If they did they need to recall that debt from the CAs and have them delete the TL.  

Or look into a good consumer attorney.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.