Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battling with Midland and Calvary Portfolio

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Battling with Midland and Calvary Portfolio

All,

The pass months or so I've been cleaning up my baddies from my report and increasing my score, so far it has been good.  But Midland and Calvary Portfolio is being a hard head, they will not remove their collection from my report. 

Is there another way other than GW letter to them? Any other suggest or back door to have them removed?  Both collection had been paid with settlement. 

Midland is from T-Mobile =   I had email CEO of T-mobile and the excutive had call me that there is nothing T-mobile can do because it was sold to Midland and ONLY midland can remove from the CR. I had tried calling them and GW letter un-successful.

Calvary Portfolio Service is from Cap1= I did the same thing, I'd email CEO and the excutive would be able to get rid of other cap1 collection which cap1 still own it. But Cap1 can not remove what sold to Calvary Portfolio .  I also tried GW letter Un-sucessful.

Does anyone have any suggetion or successful removed other then GW letter? any back door or short cut?

IF I can remove these two out from my CR then my file will be CLEAN.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Battling with Midland and Calvary Portfolio

Hi. Did you pay to CA or OC?
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've paid CA...i didnt request PFD I didnt know anything about it until i found this forum. I thought paid collection would help increase my score, but I was wrong. I need them to removed.

Please help.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I still submit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) even though this as been settled?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try emailng hem.  Don't use astandard goodwill letter.  Write one that is all about you...where you messed up and how this paid account is affecting your credit.

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Complaints to the CFPB are directed at violations of a provision of the FCRA or FDCPA.

Neither statute requires deletion of a reported collection based on payment of the debt.

To the contrry, CRA policy instructs them not to delete based on payment of the debt.

Thus, I see no basis for a complaint to the CFPB.

Persistence in GW attempts is the path.........

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland has gotten a lot of bad press for T-Mobile related collections, and T-Mobile has been accused of wrongful charges to their customers. I just got a Midland (T-Mobile) collection deleted thanks to a CFPB complaint. While the CFPB does not require they delete, they ask you how you want the issue to be resolved, and if you file a complaint they will likely do what you ask to look better. I would start by researching the Midland/T-Mobile complaints and, if any of it applies, write that into your complaint. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Midland has gotten a lot of bad press for T-Mobile related collections, and T-Mobile has been accused of wrongful charges to their customers. I just got a Midland (T-Mobile) collection deleted thanks to a CFPB complaint. While the CFPB does not require they delete, they ask you how you want the issue to be resolved, and if you file a complaint they will likely do what you ask to look better. I would start by researching the Midland/T-Mobile complaints and, if any of it applies, write that into your complaint. 

Google "Tmobile FTC Cramming" Should give you all the ammunition you need to get midland to fold.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys...I ready file a CFPB see what the result will be.  The collection are paid in settlement, Midland just will not delete it as well as Calvary that I was told by them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.