Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been Rebuilding my Credit for almost 3 yrs now

tag
TheGeneralLee862
New Contributor

Been Rebuilding my Credit for almost 3 yrs now

I just got approved loan from Citizens Bank with a trade in for a brand new 2013 Honda Fit Base in september with no money down!

Got approved for a 500 Dollar Paypal Smart Connect Account

Got a Capital One Platinum MC with a 300 dollar limit and a 250 Walmart Store card.

I've been paying all the balances off as soon as the transaction posts to the account hopefully i am doing this right because i am trying to decrease my credit usage since I know my car loan has a high balance still.

These are my 3 scores as of now

Experian 650, Transunion 656, Equifax 648

Completely Payed off my Paypals Extras Master card of $1,933.00 but still showing as collection even though I payed it off in January.

Been Paying off a Dell Financial Services account that I owed $2,997.00 on and have gotten that down to $1,289.00 hopefully will be able to pay off completely after Tax time! I had 1 90 days late 2011 and 2 times 60 days late 2010, account closed now.

How do you guys think i've done so far?

EQUI 659, TRANS 660, EXP 666 these are my Scores as of 9/19/2016!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Been Rebuilding my Credit for almost 3 yrs now

Nice job!

Congrats on your brand new Honda.

For the CC, let all but one report 0 balances and the other at 9% or below.  This will give you an optimal FICO score.

If an account goes to collections, paying it off doesn't change that.  It will always be a collections but show as a paid collections.

Is the Paypals card closed?

Message 2 of 19
TheGeneralLee862
New Contributor

Yes it is closed the paypal Master Card.

Message 3 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since it is paid, start sending GW letters and ask if they will remove the lates.  Or at least the most recent ones.

Message 4 of 19
TheGeneralLee862
New Contributor

transunion doesn't show any of the lates but equifax and experian show them for some reason. I don't know why?

Message 5 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

You're doing a great job!! Keep it up!

Message 6 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Wonderful job Bravo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 19
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Great job so far!! Keep at and congrats!!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 8 of 19
ptilda
Established Contributor

@TheGeneralLee862 wrote:

I just got approved loan from Citizens Bank with a trade in for a brand new 2013 Honda Fit Base in september with no money down!

Got approved for a 500 Dollar Paypal Smart Connect Account

Got a Capital One Platinum MC with a 300 dollar limit and a 250 Walmart Store card.

I've been paying all the balances off as soon as the transaction posts to the account hopefully i am doing this right because i am trying to decrease my credit usage since I know my car loan has a high balance still.

These are my 3 scores as of now

Experian 650, Transunion 656, Equifax 648

Completely Payed off my Paypals Extras Master card of $1,933.00 but still showing as collection even though I payed it off in January.

Been Paying off a Dell Financial Services account that I owed $2,997.00 on and have gotten that down to $1,289.00 hopefully will be able to pay off completely after Tax time! I had 1 90 days late 2011 and 2 times 60 days late 2010, account closed now.

How do you guys think i've done so far?

Wow! Way to get it done!

Did you try to GW PayPal? And might try that with Dell too once it's paid. Getting rid of the baddies is the challenge, from what I can see. From then, it's a matter of keeping up on payments and playing it smart.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 9 of 19
TheGeneralLee862
New Contributor

No I have not yet but definitely will try and GW Paypal and Dell once i pay it off.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.