Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been Waiting a Long Time For This

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been Waiting a Long Time For This

My latest success story to share:

I've been rebuilding my credit with the helps of these forums for about 2 years now.  When I started my score was in the high 500's, I had 10 to 12 CA on my CRs, no credit cards, had just purchased a car with a 24% interest rate and was renting a small apartment.  Now 2 years later I have only 1 baddie left on my reports, I own my own home, have refinanced that previous car and bought a second vehicle at a much lower interest rate and have multiple credit cards all in good standing. 

My latest success is this:  About 2 years ago I applied for a Orchard Bank credit card and was approved with a $300 CL.  A few months later I applied for a Capital One cc and was approved with a $500 limit.  I then applied for other cards and was steadily denied.  I stopped the inquiries for awhile and bought my house, then continued to try to establish my credit.  And I kept getting DENIED!!  During this time I was getting increases on my current cc's up to $800 & $750 respectively.  I called for CLI's but was not approved.  Finally I decided to try a dept store card, applied for Macys and was approved for $400.  Because I dont need any more credit (I dont like the inquiries but want to have a good mix of credit and try to get some better cards than the ones I had) I applied for Kay Jewelers and was approved for $3000!  I bought something small right away and paid it off within 2 months so it would report.  At that point I decided what the heck?  I had been trying to get a B of A card for a long time but was only approved for a secured cc(which  I never took them up on even though I have 3 accounts and a fair amount of money in my savings account), so I tried again and was APPROVED for $5000!!!  That is what I had been working towards.  A large CL on a respectable card.  Well awhile after that my CU had a promo and I applied for their card and was approved for $2000. Earlier today I was reviewing my Capital One account with the $750 limit and saw they did an auto CLI for an additional $1000 bringing the CL to $1750.  Amazing.   I am now done with applying for credit cards.  My wallet is full of plastic and I am almost overwhelmed with the amount of credit I have. 

I  have totally reached my goal and it's all thanks to these boards and all of the wonderful people who take their time to share their thoughts and experiences with everyone else!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Been Waiting a Long Time For This

Congrats

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Been Waiting a Long Time For This

Sorry this is irrelevant, but I like your icon.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.