cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been trying to remove 30 days late with Goodwill Letters for over 1 year :( Any other options?

tag
IanZ63Q1

Been trying to remove 30 days late with Goodwill Letters for over 1 year :( Any other options?

Hey all, thanks for this great community.

I have been trying for over 1 year straight to get two 30 days late items removed at Capital One (credit card) and Mercedes Benz Financial (auto loan).

I've been through it with the companies over and over again... I send Goodwill letters or verification requests and then they just get denied.

I wouldn't be surprised if they say soon that they will just ignore all my contact from now on Smiley Sad

I've called them several times and pleaded for help and told them my story....Everyone seems like they want to help me, but they said there's no possible way they can help at all and they don't forgive late payments that are valid.

In 2010 I made the decision to pay one of my employees (she does web work for me and is in Romania and needed the money to feed her family.. I was single and had food... what could I do???) instead of paying my car payment and capital one credit card bill on time Smiley Sad I know.... bad decision in a way but I couldn't let her and her kids go hungry when she didn't have any other employers at the time.... Felt like the right thing to do.

Here I am in 2012, trying to get a business line of credit, and I'm being denied everywhere. Every lender says everything looks great and they'd approve me BUT I have those 30 days late payments from years ago, so I'm automatically denied.

I feel so stuck.... Is there anything I can do? I've been trying to get these late payments removed for over a year Smiley Sad

Chase Visa $5k
Chase Ink Cash (business credit) $7.5k
Amex Business Gold Rewards (charge)
Capital One Visa Platinum (personal) $1.7k
Capital One Rewards Mastercard (personal) $1.5k

Starting Score: 552
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.