Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Sued and Need to Respond to Summons

tag
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Being Sued and Need to Respond to Summons

I wouldn't get into too much detail. just make it plain as to wanting a court date set if that is what you choose. case number...plaintiff ...you...court date request. keepa copy for your own records. court clerk may even have an email address you can use. good luck.
Message 11 of 13
coterotie
Established Contributor

The clerk of the court can help you with formatting requirements.  If you have a county law library they will also have any forms you may need.  You can also go there to look at responses to similar types of cases.  Basically the groundwork is laid out for you by looking at other cases.  You will ask for proof and go from there.  Here is a hint, don't admit to anything in the response, a simple denied  to each of the claims is sufficient in my jurisdiction.  The burden of proof is on the plaintiff.

@muckiem14 wrote:

Thanks for your advice guys.  Does my response need to look or be formal?  I mean, I can type it, but does it need to contain anything I might miss besides case number and the plaintiff and defendant information?

Message 12 of 13
muckiem14

Thanks for the information everyone! 

Starting Score: FICO: 567 - TU: 585
Current Score: FICO: 567 - TU: 589
Goal Score: FICO: 667 - TU: 685

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.