Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being added to other accounts besides credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being added to other accounts besides credit cards

My mother is adding me to her Auto loan and to her house deed. Will this affect my credit score. She has outstanding credit.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Being added to other accounts besides credit cards

I don't think it's possible unless the loan(s) are refi'd.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I am thinking the same on the auto loan, but the house is paid for i believe.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Curiosity...

Has the creditor agreed to "add" you without establishing a new account?

If they estalish a new account, it might affect her score unless they use the account date of the prior account......

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah...got it for the deed. Had assumed it was mortgaged. Being added to the deed won't impact your FICO. FICO doesn't look at assets, though lenders will.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

She has told me she needs to add me to her account for the purpose of getting ownership of the vehicle in the event she passes. To make a short story long she is preparing for her passing wants me to have the vehicle and be incontrol of her wishes when she passes specifically that the house is sold and funds split between the children. I am just curious if she does this will it affect my credit score.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that totally makes sense. Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.