Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being sued by NCO! Need help.

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Being sued by NCO! Need help.

Cool. Congrats. Nice diligent work valley.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 53
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Still waiting on EQ to respond to me with the results of my dispute.  Gone from TU and EX already.  This is starting to turn into somewhat of a hollow victory, though.  It appears that NCO sold the account when they closed it and I received a dunning letter from the new CA today Smiley Mad  No idea what I am dealing with yet as I have never heard of this CA before (Wyse Financial Services).  Of course, the amount they are asking for has gone up substantially and it is over the $5,000 mark now which puts it over the small claims court limit.  Don't know what kind of difference that makes, though.  Will be sending out my DV ASAP.
Message 52 of 53
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Victory is mine!  The judgment is finally gone from all 3 reports now.  Also, I sent a DV to Wyse Financial after they sent me a dunning letter for this same account and I received a response yesterday from them that they have returned the account to NCO.

This still kind of confuses me, though.  NCO sent me a letter saying this account was closed when I was going through the whole legal battle.  If it is closed, how could it get assigned to Wyse.  I originally thought Wyse had bought the debt from NCO.  However, it seems that they were actually contacting me on behalf of NCO.  So it looks like the account still belongs to NCO.  Is it possible for them to reopen the account after closing it?  Perhaps they just thought they'd give Wyse a chance to trick me into paying it even though it is closed and that is why Wyse didn't put up a fight at all when I sent the DV.

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.