Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bench Trial - PRA - Frederic J Hanna

tag
DeeWill
New Contributor

Bench Trial - PRA - Frederic J Hanna

I was served with papers a few weeks ago for a debt I had with PRA that was pursued by Frederic J. Hanna Associates. I had previously paid off all debt with PRA & did not understand why they filed suit on this one. Long story short Hanna offered me a settlement, faxed me paperwork, I paid and thought we were done.  I answered the court within 30 days with a copy of the settlement however today I got a notice from the court for a Bench Trial on 4/15/2014.  

My question is, why is this happening? I have proof that I paid for everything but if I have to go to court because they didn't file paperwork, do I have any legal recourse against them.  If I have to miss work for something that is resolved, I am going to be ticked and want to be compensated.

Please advise...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bench Trial - PRA - Frederic J Hanna

At this point I think you should seek legal help to represent your best interest and not advice from a online presences IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Very hard to say what issue the court may have before them.

If you settled the debt and the plaintiff has not notifed the court, the judge may have some serious questions for the plaintiff, and it may not be directed to you.

It does not appear to be a notice of trial on the merits, but rather a hearing on legal issues.  I would have representation at that hearing

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1..... You need a lawyer there
Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hanna is a known shark I strongly suggest you hire a lawyer for representation at this hearing.....

Message 5 of 10
DeeWill
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DeeWill wrote:

Thanks everyone!

Good luck and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
DeeWill
New Contributor

Just an update.  The trial date was set before they forwarded the paperwork to the court.  I received paperwork from the court in the mail yesterday with the terms of our agreement and the status of the bench trial.  It appears that everyone is delayed in processing paperwork.

Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DeeWill wrote:

Just an update.  The trial date was set before they forwarded the paperwork to the court.  I received paperwork from the court in the mail yesterday with the terms of our agreement and the status of the bench trial.  It appears that everyone is delayed in processing paperwork.

Ok,what you need from the court is dismissal of the court trial. I suggest you keep records of all of this indefinately.. (payment records, all correspondence, etc).  Hanna is known to sue for same debt in different counties, he is being sued for such right now...

Message 9 of 10
DeeWill
New Contributor

Oh I plan too! Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.