Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Berlin-Wheeler Collection Agency

tag
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

Berlin-Wheeler Collection Agency

I have a balance from Texas Gas Service from 2012 that was sold to Berlin-Wheeler. I honestly forgot to disconnect my gas service before I moved to a different city; silly, I know. Well when I moved back to my original city and had to set up gas service again with TGS, I was notified I had a balance of $30. My new service couldn't be set up until the old one was taken care of. So of course I paid the measley $30 and got everything set up.

Little did I know that when I would pull my Experian Credit report this week, I would see this ridiculous item from Berlin-Wheeler Collection Agency on it! It reports that the account was in collection from Oct 2012-Dec 2012. In Jan it was closed with a zero balance. Of course it was! That's when I paid TGS the original $30!

Anyway, I know it's no ones' fault but my own for this jam I'm in. However, is there anything I can do about this mark? I have no balance, but it is still sitting there on my credit report mocking me and laughing like Nelson Muntz from the Simpsons', lol. I sent them a Debt Validation request, not sure if this was the right thing to do. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Berlin-Wheeler Collection Agency

Is it showing a 0 balance?  When was it reported to the CRA, before or after the payment to the OC.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.