cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Barclay's Addresses to Send GW Letter To/People to talk to?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Barclay's Addresses to Send GW Letter To/People to talk to?

woke up this morning to a notice from Credit Sesame that I had a delinquent account - yikes! I was 98% certain all my accounts were fine. Turns out I had a 30 days payment late on a CC - my Barclay's Mastercard. On 8/16 I paid the card balance in full and the account was at zero - stupid me forgot about the interest - a whole $5.57. I mixed up that dates that the statement was cut (thinking 16th instead of 19th) That $5.57 was not paid the next month (Sept) nor this month (Oct) as I had it marked in my system that it was paid off. Since it wasn't paid, the late fees added up to the account having a current balance of $23.78. I'll pay the **bleep** $23.78 if I can get the delinquency removed from my CR's. Odd thing is I never received any emails, letters or phone calls to notify me the account was past due. All my searching here has told me that Barclay's is a tough bank to get to accept a GW letter and remove a delinquency. Anyone have any success and able to share the best addresses or people to contact? I am going to call the customer service line shortly. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Barclay's Addresses to Send GW Letter To/People to talk to?

*Update* I fully expected to have to fight for the deletion of the late payment on my credit report but I got it resolved in less than 20mins by speaking with a manager in the call center. They waived all the fees and are deleting the late payment from my credit report! Of course this will take probably 1-2 months to be completely removed as they report to the CB's on the 20th of the month so I have to wait till November. Fingers crossed this all goes smoothly!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Barclay's Addresses to Send GW Letter To/People to talk to?

Great, you can usually get one freebie out of a bank when this happens.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.