Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy late goodwill

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Best Buy late goodwill

I was 60 days late (reported as a 30 and a 60 day late) on my Best Buy card. I had forgotten I used it, and didn't pay. They did not call, or send any emails, or contact me in any way whatsoever. When I got a credit alert, which showed both the 30 and 60 at the same time, I immediately called up and they agreed to delete the late and I would pay in full immediately in return.

I got a letter from them today that they would not delete the late as they are obligated to report accurate information to the credit bureau.

I knew this would happen... you can't trust these people. What are my next steps to remedy this? They are not going by their agreement with me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy late goodwill

@Peter1142 wrote:

I was 60 days late (reported as a 30 and a 60 day late) on my Best Buy card. I had forgotten I used it, and didn't pay. They did not call, or send any emails, or contact me in any way whatsoever. When I got a credit alert, which showed both the 30 and 60 at the same time, I immediately called up and they agreed to delete the late and I would pay in full immediately in return.

I got a letter from them today that they would not delete the late as they are obligated to report accurate information to the credit bureau.

I knew this would happen... you can't trust these people. What are my next steps to remedy this? They are not going by their agreement with me.

I would suggest a letter to the CEO explaining what was agreed to verbally, if that doesnt produce a good result then a BBB complaint for shoddy business practice.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.