Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Repair Books?

tag
polno1234
Contributor

Re: Best Credit Repair Books?

the best "book" imho would be case. such as fields vs wilber, sullivan vx equifax. and a good lawyer to help understand the language there in.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 21 of 27
DSFA
Established Member

I too wondered if there was a book out there that could be followed. Yes, this forum has some good information. That said, asking questions has been hit and miss for me here. I've noted that some posts (not just mine but others) get a ton of responses, others get none, or at least nothing useful. Maybe it has to do with the time of day the question is asked. 

I recently asked how long I should wait for a response from a PFD request and then how often I should resend if I hear nothing (which after 6 weeks I have not). Because these were medical collections, all I got was a response telling me to google the HIPPA process. Which for some magical and unexplained reason, can't be discussed here. Unethical? Illegal? Ineffective? No clue.

Nobody ever answered my question. And because this forum moves so fast, my question was probably on page 3 within a few hours and nobody else then saw it. 

Message 22 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

@DSFA wrote:

I too wondered if there was a book out there that could be followed. Yes, this forum has some good information. That said, asking questions has been hit and miss for me here. I've noted that some posts (not just mine but others) get a ton of responses, others get none, or at least nothing useful. Maybe it has to do with the time of day the question is asked. 

I recently asked how long I should wait for a response from a PFD request and then how often I should resend if I hear nothing (which after 6 weeks I have not). Because these were medical collections, all I got was a response telling me to google the HIPPA process. Which for some magical and unexplained reason, can't be discussed here. Unethical? Illegal? Ineffective? No clue.

Nobody ever answered my question. And because this forum moves so fast, my question was probably on page 3 within a few hours and nobody else then saw it. 

It's my understanding that there is a copyright issue or something.  If you google whychat hippa you'll get a nice walkthrough.

Message 23 of 27
Obeygodnotman
New Visitor

Well it is true that you can fix your own credit . However I don't have the time. I would like to add I hired Lexington and on tue of April-22-2014 I got a text mes 11 items had been deleted off my report. I checked to see if it was true and it was. I would like to say people credit may vary if you read reviews most are bad. however I like what I see so far. My cousin who is a doctor used them and now his score are back right so to each is own. Only 2 day's and I had student loans, bad check, old collection on my credit removed. So if anyone is feeling the need to seek help don't listen to people. I will keep you posted of my outcome any question feel free email me ModCut hope this help

~edited to remove email address - please don't post personal info such as names, phone, emails, etc..

~pizzadude, myFICO moderator

Message 24 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

Obeygodnotman wrote: I hired Lexington and on tue of April-22-2014 I got a text mes 11 items had been deleted off my report.

Sweet.  Less than a week?  That's suprising.  What did that cost you?  How confident are you that the items will stay deleted?  

Message 25 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@DSFA wrote:

Actually, myFICO has no problem with discussing the HIPPA method, of it's own accord.  However, the original author claimant, WHYCHAT, contacted myFICO and threatend legal actions for allowing the posting of what they claimed to be proprietary information.  So that is why it is not allowed to be discussed here.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 26 of 27
polno1234
Contributor

i have yet to see a post that hasnt gotten useful info. some posts ask the same question over and over expecting a different response. 90% of the answers you seek are in the stickies. the other 10% can be found searching the forums and the internet. so yes sometimes a lengthy discussion on a topic just is not warranted.and remember that this forum is not absolute. much is opinion on what workd and why.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.