Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Friend Credit

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Best Friend Credit

My best friend contact me a couple days ago regarding his credit issues.  His scores are 490.  He asked me if he could refinance his car and I told him no.  I told him to apply for a capital one secured card since he has no open credit.  He took my advice and he was approved, all he has to do is pay 99.00 to get the card.  His car loan is reporting but it is not helping his scores.  He has a total of about 7 collection accounts on his credit reports.  I told him he need to work on getting those paid and removed off his credit.  Is there anything else I need to tell him at this moment?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Friend Credit

He needs to have 3 revolving accounts for rebuilding.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would tell him to obtain all 3 reports via US mail directly from the CRAs to work off of before starting any work on the CAs.

Message 3 of 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Thank you I will let him know tonight.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.