Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Secured card for building/rebuilding credit

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Best Secured card for building/rebuilding credit

I was wondering what the best bank was to get a secured card for building my partner's credit. He has 3 collection accounts we are working to PFD. But in the mean time I would like to get him a secured credit card and later in the future maybe a small installment loan?

Suggestions? I was looking at BoA secured (BankAmericard Secured) to start with.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Best Secured card for building/rebuilding credit

That is a good one, also capital one secured is good as well.

Message 2 of 5
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

yeah they are suppose to be good for rebuilding...although they shot me down about 45 days ago. i immediately next day aired a 30 page report containing proof of recent payoffs, entries in the process of being updated, etc etc. called the next day to make sure they got it all and they said theyd start the recon. ive called every day for last month and a half and they are 'still reviewing my request' LOL.

**** or get off the pot already, guys, its a friggin 200.00 secured card for fricks sake.

Message 3 of 5
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

BoA will deny for collections, although it made depend on how recent they are. So I went with cap 1.
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 4 of 5
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

I went with wells fargo because I also bank with them.

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.