Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Travel cards from each brand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Travel cards from each brand

So, I am rebuilding my credit and when I get to the point of applying, I need to know which card to apply for. I think I would like travel rewards. Anyone and everyone please list top 2 cards from each company that would give me the best miles or points that convert to miles to obtain travel If you know more than two please list them in order.

First I would like to know these catagories

1)Amex (only allow 4 credit cards and unlimited charge cards) whatever that means:/

2)Chase 5/24 rule. I already think i know which two to get. I heard CSP and Freedom

3)Barclaycard (researched and said Arrival)

4)Capital one (Venture of course?)

Add to each answer:

Fico scores you think they pull i.e Eq, TU, Ex and score models 8,4,2???

Usual score you need to get the card or heard of lowest score to obtain the card.

I know capital one pulls Fico 4 for transunion on the venture app = my denial and I do not know about the other report scores but I will call and find out once my card comes in.

if you know any other Fico scores models that are pulled from the other companies please list. I tried looking it up on the forum and that didn't really show me the results I was looking for. I tried google on the top amex card and came up with my brain hurting.

Anyone that has actual experience please let me know about this. If cash or points are even greater and easier to obtain to just buy the ticket, please let me know. I want to be first class in everything for once in awhile Smiley Happy Thanks in advance for helping me set up my goals.

I know not to apply for chase at all until my credit limits are high because someone told me that they barely give CLI. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Travel cards from each brand

I settled on United for air travel and Hilton for hotel stays for my work travel, so naturally I like hte Hilton Honors Amex, which I was recently approved for, and the United MileagePlus cards, which I do not yet have. I just think it makes sense to settle and focus on a single brand to maximize your point accumulations, and have your cards match your brand. The Hilton Honors, for example, offers 7x points on hotel stays. The MileagePlus Club card, my next big milestone, has a hefty annual fee but includes Club membership, and other great travel benefits.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.