cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way To Raise Middle Mortgage Score 11 points?

tag
pifhluk
Established Member

Best Way To Raise Middle Mortgage Score 11 points?

My middle mortgage score is TU and is currently 609, was told I need to get it up to 620 for FHA and am trying to figure out the best way to do that. 

Currently have student loans of 60k that are just entering repayment, first payment starts in May. Will paying these for a few months boost the score now that they are out of defferment? Would paying say 10% of it off raise my score at all?

Other debt is 6+ year old collections that I think would hurt me if I tried to pay off and a $500 medical collection that is 4 years old (I've tried paying this one off but finding the collection agency has been much more difficult then I thought. 

No current cc debt and no current installment loans other then the student loans.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Way To Raise Middle Mortgage Score 11 points?

@pifhluk wrote:

My middle mortgage score is TU and is currently 609, was told I need to get it up to 620 for FHA and am trying to figure out the best way to do that. 

Currently have student loans of 60k that are just entering repayment, first payment starts in May. Will paying these for a few months boost the score now that they are out of defferment? Would paying say 10% of it off raise my score at all?

Other debt is 6+ year old collections that I think would hurt me if I tried to pay off and a $500 medical collection that is 4 years old (I've tried paying this one off but finding the collection agency has been much more difficult then I thought. 

No current cc debt and no current installment loans other then the student loans.

Any suggestions?

Do you have any current open credit cards at all? If so, how many and what are the limits/balances?

Message 2 of 4
pifhluk
Established Member

1 - $0 balance $4500 limit.

AU on another also $0 balance. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pifhluk wrote:

1 - $0 balance $4500 limit.

AU on another also $0 balance. 

You need to open two more credit card accounts, and let one card report a small balance of <10% of its limit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.