Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Approach Hunter Warfield?

tag
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

Best Way to Approach Hunter Warfield?

Hey!

Well I have an eviction from 2010, and hunter warfield is collecting the debt. About 2300 to be exact. I am so afraid of anothe public record going on my my credit report. Just feels like I will never get out of this mess. I can pay a little each month but I cant pay in full right now. Do you guys have any advice.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Way to Approach Hunter Warfield?

As long as you keep to your payment agreement I don't think they can file a judgement on you.
Message 2 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As long as you keep to your payment agreement I don't think they can file a judgement on you.

That is assuming HW will do a payment plan.. The refused with me... but it was a pretty small debt, so I wound up paying in full....

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to settle and make two payments...they promised to delete over the phone (before I knew better) and they didn't..so I did a BBB complaint..we'll see what comes out of that..
Message 4 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to settle and make two payments...they promised to delete over the phone (before I knew better) and they didn't..so I did a BBB complaint..we'll see what comes out of that..

I hate HW! lol I fought them for a year after payment to get a delete.. finally was successful a year later

-scott

Message 5 of 9
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

That is what scares me because I do not have that kind of money. All of my other bills will be ignored if I PIF.

Message 6 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@AprilShowers4 wrote:

That is what scares me because I do not have that kind of money. All of my other bills will be ignored if I PIF.

Well;; I would call and see what they will do... it can't hurt.. you need to know -- because if the debt is within the SOL, they can sue you at any time --- so explain to them you do not have the money to pay, and you are looking to settle and work out a payment plan..

-scott

Message 7 of 9
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

I will call them, I will update the post with their response.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

these answers were not helpful.  I'm sure there's a legal way to deal with collection agencies??

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.