Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Have CC's Report $0 Balance

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Best Way to Have CC's Report $0 Balance

After reading numerous messages about how having all but one or two CC's report $0 balance to the CB's, I was just wondering what the best way is to do this, other than not using the card at all.  Will just paying in full by the due date do it or do we need to pay in full before they even sesnd the statement out?

Thanks!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Way to Have CC's Report $0 Balance

Pay the balance to $0 before they report to the CRAs.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

Pay the balance to $0 before they report to the CRAs.

Do most report when the statement cuts, at the payment due date or somewhere in-between?

Thanks!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 6
elm84
Contributor

I looked at my CR to find the date the update. I also messaged my CC companies to ask reporting dates... My capital one card has a due date of the 8th but it reports on the 11th so whatever my balance is on the 11th is what is going to get reported 

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 4 of 6
bigboytoys26
Established Member

Findout when your credit card closing dates are...these dates are when your cards will get reported. for example my cap1 card is due on the 13th but the statement closing date is the 16th...I make sure my utilization is where it needs to be by the 16th so that amount will get reported. U have to also account for interest...ask your cc company.. but I believe u are allowed to pay all and alittle bit of extra so that the interest is taken care of as well.

AMEX Delta SkyMiles Gold - $1K | AMEX Green - NPSL | Capital One Quick Silver - $3.5K | Capital One Platinum - $500 | Capital One Quick Silver One - $1K | Chase Freedom - $1K | Local Credit Union Visa - $250 | Barclay Rewards MC - $3.5K |
Message 5 of 6
oi

@bigboytoys26 wrote:

Findout when your credit card closing dates are...these dates are when your cards will get reported. for example my cap1 card is due on the 13th but the statement closing date is the 16th...I make sure my utilization is where it needs to be by the 16th so that amount will get reported. U have to also account for interest...ask your cc company.. but I believe u are allowed to pay all and alittle bit of extra so that the interest is taken care of as well.

if you are paying in full there shouldn't be interest. even my crappy cc's have a grace period.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.