Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach for medical collections

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best approach for medical collections

@kimmykooz wrote:

So..you are telling me that you've NEVER had an old collection account "pop" back up on your credit report? Those are fun!! Especially if you mind your p's & q's...thereby having the foresight to keep all copies of your credit reports...old & new. Sure creditors know that form of practice is not within the credit reporting laws..neither is negotiating a PFD. You do what ya gotta do..huh? Oh..by the way..I was just making an observation when I called whomever out for ripping into me when I mentioned a PFD as you call it. I'm not that well versed on those but can read, understand & share my interpretation of just about anything I put my mind to. Just caught me off guard that you would even waste your time with whatever it is you have said to me instead of trying to add something to it...like you just did. We now, at the very least, have 2 different opinions on PFDs. As for being a new member here...well I'll just say I am shocked that you feel the need to attack everything I say. You know absolutely nothing about me or what I do for a living. I will say this much..I am probably one of the kindest people you will ever meet..given a chance. Otherwise, I probably would have "ripped into" you by now. I am extremely intelligent, well traveled and have a "heck of a way" with words. I joined this forum because I believe I have MUCH to offer and further enjoy helping people. I do not seek out drama or claim to be argumentative in any way. Maybe you should try a different approach? Such as to form a welcoming committee for ALL new members. In your spare time..while you are not busy saving forum members from the clutches, that is.

Absolutely I had CAs pop back on after someone else had reported the debt. It happens all the time in here. By law, the new CA reporting cannot report beyond the 7 years of the DOFD of the debt. The DOFD must remain exactly the same whether 1 CA reported it or 20 over the course of time. They all must have the same anticipated removal date which goes off the DOFD org. reported by the OC. The 7-yr clock cannot restart off a payment or a new acquisition of the debt by an OC. If they did, it would be re-aging and that's illegal as indicated by the FCRA above... Definitely keep all report copies and statements.

Here are PFD example letters and abbreviations:

Common Abbreviations
Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Nobody ripped into you. I responded to your PFD comment. MVV only responded to the credit reporting time period statement. MarineVietVet responded because if someone took the advice to start paying on a 2-yr old debt then that action can harm your credit and your FICO score (depending on what is being paid). It won't make it report any longer, and paying on it will eliminate any change of a PFD deletion, and shoot down any chance for a score improvement had they accepted a PFD agreement. Paying on it will also reset your state's statute of limitations in some states. In other words, the creditor extends their time by which to sue you if they wanted to.

I understand there are some purists on these boards. While I strongly disagree, there's nothing wrong with that opinion. Some feel negative info should never ever be removed, for various reasons, including corrupting the credit reporting system.

I'm not attacking any. Just offering an alternative viewpoint for others reading this. I'm in the camp that a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Nothing I can say or do will change your mind. But if any advice offered by anyone can harm someone's credit I think anyone reading should at least respond to save that poster from credit or score damage. Taking an extreme, if I advocated on here that everyone should apply for every credit card and loan they can in a short period of time, and that maxing out their credit cards is a good thing, I sure hope someone publicly contradicts my thought process. I wouldn't see that as ripping into my viewpoint. They're pointing out the obvious.

I don't think anyone attacked your character. We just disagreed with your viewpoint. AFAIK, you could be a zillionaire owner of one of the 3 CRAs with a wealth of knowledge and lots to offer. I only responded in this manner because you accused another member of not helping others, which was a off-base comment to make.

Message 191 of 213
2NE1
Established Contributor

@rockhillloan wrote:

Can i get a pm too

sent you a PM, good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 192 of 213
ficochat
New Contributor

Hi - Can I get a PM please, thanks!

Message 193 of 213
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love a pm as well! We have 1 on my husbands credit that we want off!
Message 194 of 213
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Can you send me a PM too please.  I have one medical collection I really need to have removed/deleted but I am not sure how to do it.

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 195 of 213
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

kimmykooz wrote:

After all..this IS a discussion forum.

Welcome to the Forum!! Smiley Happy

Please do not feel that you are being ripped into or attacked.  Everyone here appreciates everyone's help here and most everyone is particularly helpful.  However, there are times when people disagree on their opinions or thoughts, but we still all respect one another and treat each other with consideration and kindness.  

I personally have had much success so far with my credit repairs and can also say that some of the correct and successful advice that I have received has been from MVV and llecs.  They have a wealth of knowledge and information.  

Please do not feel so offended (at least that is how you come across in your posts) when you are questioned on your views.  Usually, we question because we want to learn.  However, we also want to make sure that correct information is posted on this forum for everyone to prosper from.

Message 196 of 213
Anonymous
Not applicable

pm me with the info please. Thank you.

Message 197 of 213
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

So all these Pms who has tried hippa and has it worked? I did not know about Pfd before i paid the original creditor on a hospital bill. So I did opt out, got prior address removed, and mailed off my certified letter today. This one bill is only reporting on equifax so really hopeful this works. Who has had success with this process? I should also mention all my good will attempts on this bill were denied too so this is my last stitch effort to get this one deleted.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 198 of 213
evita
New Visitor

I'm on the same boat and need the info. Can someone send me the info? Smiley Happy

Message 199 of 213
lmorel
Valued Member

I would love if you could share the information with me too! Thanks!

Message 200 of 213
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.