Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: Best card for rebuilding credit...any suggestions?

[ Edited ]

I encourage you to apply for a secured card from boa or wells Fargo that will graduate. I also like the credit union option that another forum member posted

and / or wal mart. then wait about 6 months to 1 year before applying for anything. Don't go hog wild applying for a lot of store cards... just choose 1. Express and VS are good because of a shopping card trick that you can do online to avoid a hard pull. Basically you add items to your shopping cart and then see if you are preapproved for their card. Limit yourself to 1 store card and 1 credit card at this point.

Edited after reading that the OP doesn't want to be involved with Cap 1

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
jetsfan2013

Plenty of advice in here, only thing I think all could agree upon is take it slow. Dont go app crazy. Use the resources on this board to have a credit plan for next year. Envision where you want to be a year from now creditwise, and what you want in your wallet, and you can then follow the steps needed to get there.

Rebuilding Since 11/11
Current Score: 659 5/14 | Goal Score: 710+ 4/15
Cap 1 Quicksilver 2250 | Cap 1 Visa 2000 | Barclays Apple Visa 2000 | Discover IT 1500 | American Signature Store 1000 |

Rebuilders: First Natl 850 | Show MC 550 | Walmart Store 150 | American Eagle Store 150 ~~ Garden rest of 2014
Established Member
minnie77

Thank you! I know it's not exactly that I hate cap1, and if I have a better chance with them I will go through them, I just that I remember all the fees they added on my account at the end and it irritates me. We don't belong to any credit union but our mortgage is with bofa so maybe I will try to go through them. I will keep  you updated.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}