Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card to help authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best card to help authorized user

Looking to help bring up my BF's credit score. His credit is currently in low 500s. I've offered to add him to one of my cards, but he will not posess the card. Anyone know which cards report for AU?

I am thinking he should go on my oldest/largest NFCU card that has CL of 20,500. It does carry a $1500 balance that I am paying no interest on until April. So it will be going down. Should I also add him to a comenity/store card? I carry a zero balance on all my store cards. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best card to help authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to help bring up my BF's credit score. His credit is currently in low 500s. I've offered to add him to one of my cards, but he will not posess the card. Anyone know which cards report for AU?

I am thinking he should go on my oldest/largest NFCU card that has CL of 20,500. It does carry a $1500 balance that I am paying no interest on until April. So it will be going down. Should I also add him to a comenity/store card? I carry a zero balance on all my store cards. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just get him a secured card. Not a fan of the whole AU thing, particularly between someone other than husband/wife.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NormanFH- He will not actually use the card, or have it in his posession. I haven't seen any good secured options for him yet.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NormanFH- He will not actually use the card, or have it in his posession. I haven't seen any good secured options for him yet.

A secured card of his own will help him far more than piggybacking one of your accounts. There are plenty of decent secure cards out there - I would suggest Open Sky to start out with if you can't find a FCU that he can get into. Don't get stuck on getting "a card that graduates" or other such things. You just want to avoid the worst of the predators like Credit One and First Premier.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.