Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best course of action?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best course of action?

Checking my credit reports  to day I found this

Now since 1991 any time I have went to the doctor or emergency room I was either coverd by the military or covered by insurance where the most out of pocket would be $100.

What would be the best course of action at this point. I have no idea where this came from and have never been contacted by HFS LLC

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best course of action?

Call the OC and find out the date of service. Don't admit to the debt, though, of course.

You need to know the date of service because that will decide your next course of action. Do you HIPPA with payment? Do you dispute? Do you DV? All that depends on the DoS!!

If the DoS is outside of SoL, or CRTP, you'll have more leverage power in getting this taken care of. But in order to know that, you'll have to call the OC and find out!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the OC look familiar?

As the other poster suggested, you can contact the OC.

You don't really have the original account number or date of service, so you could just ask if you have any outstanding bills. Don't mention the CA or the fact it is on your credit, yet.

After talking with them, then you'll be more likely to know if this is accurate or innaccurate.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you abbreviate the OC you get EMS and back in 2006 I did go to the hospital via ambulance but was taken care of by insurance as far as I know.  I never recieved anything to me about it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.