cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best deal on unlimited CR pulls? (To Begin Repair Process)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best deal on unlimited CR pulls? (To Begin Repair Process)

Hello all!

So with the new year, it is my goal to clean up my CR, raise my FICO score, and eliminate some debt to rebuild.  

To do this, I would like to be able to continually pull my CR every few weeks as I send out my challenge letters, PFD letters, etc.  

What is the best website to do this at, to where I can have the most pulls for the money from the most CRA's?

Can someone who has been down this road before guide me to what they did to literally start off, with that first CR pull?

It has been a little over a year since I pulled my CR last from annualcreditreport.com

Thank you.

--KF

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Best deal on unlimited CR pulls? (To Begin Repair Process)

Go under the "General Credit Topics" portion of the forum and look at the permanent postings at the top.  Click on the one that states

"Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide"

This will give you any and all of the information that you need.  Good luck

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If pulling frequently, I recommend a daily puller that pulls all 3 reports. The only service I know of that does that is Creditchecktotal (CCT). CCT allows you to pull all 3 once per day. The report format stinks and some details are factually incorrect (e.g. account status) and only shows the last 2 years of history (as opposed to 7 from your full reports), but it gives you an idea of account balances, what's on or off, and is a basic necessity to repair (IMO). Ignore the scores AND advice as it is FAKO related. As you see changes, and if your FICO score is important for you to track, then come back here to pull EQ or TU to see those score changes.

Message 3 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

If pulling frequently, I recommend a daily puller that pulls all 3 reports. The only service I know of that does that is Creditchecktotal (CCT). CCT allows you to pull all 3 once per day. The report format stinks and some details are factually incorrect (e.g. account status) and only shows the last 2 years of history (as opposed to 7 from your full reports), but it gives you an idea of account balances, what's on or off, and is a basic necessity to repair (IMO). Ignore the scores AND advice as it is FAKO related. As you see changes, and if your FICO score is important for you to track, then come back here to pull EQ or TU to see those score changes.

+10  That's what I do as well.  After the free week, call & mention that it's a bit expensive & they'll drop the price.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@llecs wrote:

+10  That's what I do as well.  After the free week, call & mention that it's a bit expensive & they'll drop the price.

Or get the service through USAA which is open to everyone and much cheaper.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 8
hunter399
New Contributor

I have a "credit monitor" thru my bank (USAA), which is something like $14/month. I can pull all three reports daily, if I'd like. I usually check it weekly, but suposidely its supposed to send me an email notification when there are changes (which it has done, in the past). 

It gives 3 scores, but as i found out yesterday, they are the FAKO scores. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PERFECT!

I already use USAA for my banking/insurance needs, so looks like that is where I will be headed to shortly to start my journey!

Thanks a lot everyone!  We can consider this thread answered and closed!  =)

--KF

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for reference here is what is included in the USAA CreditCheck Monitoring:

(from the USAA member side website)

Protect your credit — review your score online

With CreditCheck® Monitoring from Experian® you can check your credit report for unfamiliar activity, new accounts opened in your name, unauthorized address changes, employers you've never worked for and unrecognized bankruptcies.

• Exclusive low pricing for USAA members.
  • Get unlimited access to your credit score and personal credit report.
  • Receive e-mail alerts of key changes to your credit profile.
  • Review to detect potential errors that may appear within your credit report.

Choose from two great ways to monitor your credit

USAA has teamed with ConsumerInfo.com®, an Experian company, to bring you two great ways to help you easily review and manage your credit online. The premium service adds monitoring for all three major credit bureaus.

Features and Benefits CreditCheck Monitoring from Experian CreditCheck Monitoring Premium from Experian
Unlimited Online Report & Score Access
Experiancheckmarkcheckmark
Equifax®checkmark
TransUnion®checkmark
Daily Credit Monitoring
Equifaxcheckmark
TransUnioncheckmark
E-mail Alert Notifications
Equifaxcheckmark
TransUnioncheckmark
Monthly "No Change" Notification
Equifaxcheckmark
TransUnioncheckmark
Exclusive USAA Monthly Price$5.50$12.25
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.