Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best direction to start...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best direction to start...

Hello everyone!
So, I'm here for some advice. First off, I know all about the huge mistakes I've made. I'm not here to listen to what I should have or shouldn't have done. It's all water under the bridge now. What I'm here for is to pick your brain and figure out a game plan on what you would do, if you were me. I appreciate any insight and advice. I'm kinda overwelmed at this point.
To begin...my story..
2 years ago, I figured out I could finally get credit cards! It was such an exciting time! Problem was, I went absolutely nuts apping and got way too many. Let me be clear about "going absolutely nuts" - 33 cards - mostly department store. My job was not at all dependable or steady, my boyfriend (husband now) didn't even have one. He was let go from his unexpectedly, and was avidly looking. Long story short....we used those cards to pretty much make it. Obviously, I couldn't pay the bills and slowly they all went into default.
My score is in the toilet now. I'm looking at an average of 480- 500, depending on the bureau.
Here is my thoughts...ideas...rough plan...whatever you'd like to call it.
Start with the smaller charges on my bureaus. Attempt PFD first, if that fails, then just PIF and GW them later. Then work my way up to the larger, higher dollar amount ones. I also know that there are more that are not showing on my bureaus as of yet. Not sure if it was because it's a small TL or what. But, I figure, I can always contact the company and see what they say I owe. I'm not sure about that either.
I also know I have to be careful because of SOL.
I was also thinking that, at some point, I should try to aquire a secured card to start helping me in the rebuilding process. I'm just not sure if I should wait until I get halfway through or completely done paying all this off.
We are now at a point where we are financially able to take care of these, one at a time. We both have great jobs and our income together is in the 6 figures yearly. Which is why I'm here. It drives me crazy that I have this problem knowing what kind of money we make and we have 0 credit.
Like I've said, I know how much damage I did. I think about it all the time along with what I should have done. But all I can do is go from here and start cleaning up the mess that I created.
Hopefully, I can do this with your help. I've been lurking for a long time, and I know you all know what you're talking about.
Thanks for taking the time to read all this. I appreciate your insight and knowledge.
And thanks so much in advance!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.