Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best phone call ever!! SUCCESS!

tag
SlinkyFan
Established Member

Best phone call ever!! SUCCESS!

At the end of last week I sent an e-mail asking my COLLECTIONS that was SETTLED to remove their tradeline. I got a letter back within a week saying my wish was granted. First success removing a baddie! (CACH LLC)

I sent an e-mail yesterday to Citi about the original account (a SEARS MC). It was obviously charged off and sold. Today I received a phone call from the VP office saying she had already contacted the THREE credit bureaus and they were removing their tradeline from my reports. She is sending me a letter via snail mail in case 30-45 days from now the reports are not updated.It seemed SO easy.I am on cloud 9. The rep that called me asked if there was anything else she could help me with today and I told her no she already made my wishes come true Smiley Happy She laughed and was so NICE. Even told me "Well, we did sell the debt so you should definitely contact the people we sold it to and ask them to do the same thing"

2/4 Baddies taken care of! Now I just have Cap 1 (e-mail sent today, also a charge off that didn't go to collections but was settled with them) and Comenity (just to remove lates, never C/O just up to 150 late this tradeline is still open and in good standing)

Goal is above 700 and buying a house in early 2014, Experian is 664 before these updates. They were my oldest accounts (Sept 2007) But the negative information was worth way more to me to remove than the age of the accounts. 

Starting Score: 655
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Best phone call ever!! SUCCESS!

Message 2 of 14
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

congrats. and goodluck, as soon as i pay off all the crap i have, ill request for that as well Smiley Happy

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 14
GoBigRed
New Contributor

Congrats! It would be interesting to me personally how it goes for you with Capital One.

Message 5 of 14
SlinkyFan
Established Member

I have big hopes for capital one, I will get back to you as soon as I hear back!

It just was so easy. My GW e-mails were simple straight to the point. 

Message 6 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Fantastic OP! 

Its amazing what being nice to people can do Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
SlinkyFan
Established Member

Got a call from exec office of cap 1 in response to an email i sent yesterday.... They stated they are not doing gw adjustments and would not be able to help me. Not gonna stop trying. I will just find someone else to talk to. Have 5 months to keep trying!

Message 8 of 14
GoBigRed
New Contributor

Sounds like a plan! Keep us posted.

Message 9 of 14
Shinronn
Established Member

Would you be so kind as to pm me with the Cap One email you used?

Starting FAKO Score 10/2012: EXP 403, EQU 457, TU 472
Current FICO Score: EXP 666 9/13, EQU658 9/13, TU 671, 9/13
Goal FICO Score: 725

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.