skicker

Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Hello all,

I have been working on my credit since August. Getting it from about a 600 to now (last time was pulled by lender) to a 638. I have gotten incorrect information off my credit reports for the most part. I have a few im still fighting with. But now that my tax return will be available within the next month or so I will finally have the funds to pay off (or down) my CC with a balance of 800 (CL is 2,000) and my installment loan, which I owe 600 on. I will be attempting to get a Construction loan from out local bank and they said so long as my credit score is within 640 and 670 I will get a 4% intrest rate, which isnt amazing right now. But its definately do-able. I also have a very old (2007) Medical bill I am debating whether to pay off or not. Is this a good plan that should get me into a favorable range to get an OK percentage rate? Or had anyone themselves gone through a construction loan process? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Shogun

Re: Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Pay down your util, and if possible PFD the medical bill.  You should be good to go.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
skicker

Re: Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Thank you! Just making sure I wasn't crazy for thinking this!
Shogun

Never said you weren't crazy, just that you're headed in the right direction.  LOL

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
skicker

Hahaha, for the record though dealing with this kind of stuff made me this way!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+