cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Hello all,

I have been working on my credit since August. Getting it from about a 600 to now (last time was pulled by lender) to a 638. I have gotten incorrect information off my credit reports for the most part. I have a few im still fighting with. But now that my tax return will be available within the next month or so I will finally have the funds to pay off (or down) my CC with a balance of 800 (CL is 2,000) and my installment loan, which I owe 600 on. I will be attempting to get a Construction loan from out local bank and they said so long as my credit score is within 640 and 670 I will get a 4% intrest rate, which isnt amazing right now. But its definately do-able. I also have a very old (2007) Medical bill I am debating whether to pay off or not. Is this a good plan that should get me into a favorable range to get an OK percentage rate? Or had anyone themselves gone through a construction loan process? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Pay down your util, and if possible PFD the medical bill.  You should be good to go.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best plan of attack on CC and installment loan payment to get a Construction Loan

Thank you! Just making sure I wasn't crazy for thinking this!
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Never said you weren't crazy, just that you're headed in the right direction.  LOL

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha, for the record though dealing with this kind of stuff made me this way!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.