Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best secured card??

tag
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Best secured card??

Does anyone know the best secured credit card to get and which one will report the fastest to my credit report. This maybe wishful thinking but I need on to report by November 5th in hopes it will increase my score since I don have any other revolving credit, only several installments paid and in the process of paying.

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best secured card??

I couldn't tell you one that would report that fast.   My suggestion is to contact your local CU if you have one and see if they offer a secure card.  If not, then maybe BOA or even Cap1.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

You need it to report by the 5th? That is indeed wishful thinking. Unless it is a local CU you will be waiting atleast 5 business days just for them to receive and process your deposit. After that, they usually report at the close of your billing statement, so atleast a month from receiving your deposit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 10
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Yes I know, big wishful thinking. However I do have a local credit union and just by chance they reported by the 5th would the added revolving credit increase my core or would it stay the same until I paid a couple months? Also sine it's the only one I will have should I keep it PIF or keep a balance?
Message 4 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

My NFCU reported really fast. I don't think you'll be able to accomplish what you want.

My suggestion would be to get a secured CC and wait for it to report.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 10
intherightdirection
Established Member

Open Sky reported very fast. If you can get the  $ in quickly, they show up on the reports quickly.

It's not a great card, but...

Also, no HP.

Message 6 of 10
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Open sky!! Thank you. Can I do it online with a debit card or is that not advised
Message 7 of 10
intherightdirection
Established Member

No problem! I just saw they offer these methods to fund. I would call or chat with them to see which one would be processed fastest.  Good luck! Smiley Happy

Wire Transfer

Western Union®

Online Transfer

Mail a Check or Money Order

Message 8 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I have an OpenSky card (for almost 3 years now) and they do report fairly quickly. It will take about 3-5 business days to verify the funds for the security deposit. I think the quickest way to send the deposit is through ACH transfer. Like it has been said, it's not the greatest card, but it is not the worst either. The annual fee is $50

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 9 of 10
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Thank y'all so much
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.