Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best secured card

tag
Mellykca
New Contributor

Best secured card

Hello! I'm looking for a good secured card that is easy to get. I currently have a capital one card. I'd like to find one that you can increase your credit line by adding funds, one that has an app and would love to find one that unsecures eventually (but not totally necessary )

Any ideas or opinions?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
geekmama
Contributor

Re: Best secured card

I like my Discover secured. It meets all your requirements.
Message 2 of 17
tschaet
Regular Contributor

I agree with Geekmama.  I have the Discover IT and it meets all of your requirements.  They will consider it at the 7 month period and then once each month from then on out for transitioning to unsecured.  You can add more money to the limit while you wait.  

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 3 of 17
Mellykca
New Contributor

I was unfortunately denied for the discover card ☹️️. Anything that's easier to get?
Message 4 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

NFCU has a great secured card

Also, if you app for a BofA card (Platinum or CashRewards), and you are declined, they very well might counter with a 99/500 card

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 17
recoverysauce
Valued Member

I would try the NFCU route if possible that is going to be your best bet

Message 6 of 17
Mellykca
New Contributor

Can you add funds to the nfcu card? I know a few won't let you increase and what you start with is what you are stuck with ☹️️
Message 7 of 17
Mellykca
New Contributor

Oh, Navy Fed Credit Union.... I'm not in the military or have any family that is either
Message 8 of 17
geekmama
Contributor

Are you a member of a credit union? My other secured card is with a credit union.
Message 9 of 17
tschaet
Regular Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:
Oh, Navy Fed Credit Union.... I'm not in the military or have any family that is either

You don't have to be. Check out this thread here - it explains how to join when you are not.  It is possible.  I just applied this way.

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.