Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best unsecured card to apply for....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best unsecured card to apply for....

With scores 590 EX, 587 TU, and 590 EQ? I want to apply for ONE. Anyone get approved for anything good unsecured with similar scores?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Best unsecured card to apply for....

Capital One Platinum

***assuming you don't have any negative hisory with CAP1 in the past year ***

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my plat from Cap One and cant wait for it to grow

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for it. Did not getting instant approval. No history with cap one except for some past inquires.
Message 4 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If for some reason that is denied, what is your nexr step?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not the best card but its something while ur rebuilding, try First Premier Card...I have it and using it to imporve my payment history and letting time heal the wounds...so just a thought. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got the 7-10 day message it's not an automatic denial. Hubby got the same message and was still approved. It was a verification issue
Message 7 of 17
AutoBot
Established Contributor

OP,  I assume your reports are not frozen?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you got the 7-10 day message it's not an automatic denial. Hubby got the same message and was still approved. It was a verification issue

+1...You are correct, it very well could be verification.

Message 9 of 17
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1...You are correct, it very well could be verification.

Agreed. And if that doesn't work, look for a secured that graduates (also ask for Cap 1 secured).  If you pay ontime for 6 months, you will get unsecureds anyhow.

You did not mention if you already have some secured...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.