Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way out of this pickle.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way out of this pickle.....

It sounds like your vehicle is definitely out for repo. Are you 3 or more payments behind ??? 3 is the magic number in most case's. If it's out for repo, you MUST work something out with the lender or collection company BEFORE they get the vehicle. If they get it, you won't get it back, and you'll have a repo on your CR's. That's something you definitely don't need or want cause you most likely won't find another auto lender immediately after this. I'd make taking care of this situation front and center.
Message 11 of 13
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Yes, I'm well beyond 3 payments behind. Working something out is all I've tried to do over the last few months but they wouldn't return my call. Then I call back and they're like the acct is being handled my "XYZ" CA.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. I went thru this awhile back. If they have sold the debt to the CA than they won't talk to you because they can no longer accept any payment from you. You have to talk with the CA. If you can convince the lender to take it back from the CA, than you can deal with them again. In your case, I don't think they'll be interested. The CA probably just wants the vehicle. If your beyond 3 payments late, I'd bet it's out for repo. You better not have it parked at any address they have on file or on your CR. They will go to great lengths to retrieve their assets, trust me. Unfortunately if you've been repeatedly late, and now are beyond 3 payments late, I don't think they're interested in payment. They want the asset, period. If that's the case, offering to get the payments "caught up", won't usually do it. The only thing they'll accept is a payoff of the vehicle. Sorry to give you the bad news, but that's been my experience. You might have no choice but to turn in the vehicle.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.