Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to address next Account?

tag
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Best way to address next Account?

Hi,

I recently sent a payment into CapOne for a CC balance I had. My reports didn't have a CA listed for this account, CapOne address and phone #.  That's why I sent payment into CapOne. I contacted CapOne on Friday to make sure they have received payment. The gentlemen told me the account was owned by Portfolio. He said they would make a notation the payment was received then send it on to them.Smiley Surprised

The next account is with Merrick Bank, again it has their address and phone #(s) listed on my reports. I received an email from TrueAccord about the account. What would be my best course of action? Should I send payment to Merrick or TrueAccord? I checked the link they sent and it shows the account offering me to pay in full or make arrangements.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks (again)

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to address next Account?

Is it in chargeoff status? You need to call Merrick to find out if they sold the debt. If they did, they will not and cannot accept payment.
Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

And if it is something already reporting, making the payment is great, but before you do, see if you can't get them to delete it for the payment. It's worth a shot.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Yes, It does say 'charge off' on my report.

CapOne was also a charge off. Try a GW with them? Doubt they would since it was a charged off.

Message 4 of 7
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Should I write TrueAccord about the PFD or Merrick?

Second, am I asking for the 'charge off' status to be removed, late payments, or the account? Best case scenario (I'm assuming) would be for the late payments and or charge off  status. I'm not sure if that's at all possible.

Thanks for both of your replies!!

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the creditor still owns the debt, then you can offer a PFD to either the creditor or the debt collector.

The creditor can, and may, decline to discuss or take any payments, and can require you to deal with their assigned debt collector,

It is up to them.

Any PFD can offer payment in exchange only for reporting that was made by that party.

For example, if deletion of any delinquencies or charge-off reported by the OC is your primary concern, you would offer the PFD to the creditor.

However, if deletion of a collection is your primary concern, then the PFD offer would go the the debt collector.

If the OC declines to negotiate and requries any payment to made via their debt collector, then your only PFD option would be for deletion of the colleciton.

There thus is no "best way."  It varies depending upon your goal and upon the willingness of either to accpet a PFD.

Message 6 of 7
RCOH
Regular Contributor

EDIT:

Understand, didn't read your reply clearly. Very little sleep after a long day of work (that's why the edit).

Would you (or anyone) recommend opening a couple new revolving before trying to repair any further? I only have the 1 as of now. I've read 2 is good, 3 is better.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.