Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to deal with collection company quickly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to deal with collection company quickly

I have collection and I don't know why. I never received a letter from Franklin Collection Services and they reported on Sept 2015. They list the amount owed (under 150.00), original creditor, and the date they reported. No late payments or date of original account, or account number ect. On one report they list debt as refinanced. I might have had a home phone account with OC 3+ years ago and 6+ years ago but I don't remember an outstanding balance. I need it gone fast so should I just pay collection, pay the original creditor if I owe, or ask them to verify or dispute the debt? I need to know the fastest and most most likely way to get it removed. I know DC will sometimes make a deal to remove it if they get paid. I also know to have everything in writing before I pay. Any advice from someone who has experience with this would be greatly appreciated. I would like to apply for a mortgage in the next two months and I need to get this off the report. I have been told not to dispute something if I want to apply for a mortgage but if I don't get this off my credit I won't qualify for one.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to deal with collection company quickly

Has anyone successfully gotten Franklin to do a PFD? If so how did you approach them and how long did it take them to remove item?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to deal with collection company quickly

The quickest best way would be to call up the original creditor and ask about the account and see if you can get it pay for delete, especially if the amount is something you won't miss too terribly.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea but I think this would be the quickest to get it off the report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.