Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to do a collection settlement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to do a collection settlement

I have an tmobile accout in collections. It comes and goes, switches collecting agencies. I was going to pay it soon $315 but it just dropped off IC systems and I got a letter for a settlement for $204 from another company. 

What is the best rout to take? Pay settlement or PIF? Is it possible to get it completely off? Original debt should  be almost 3 yrs old. 

THanks

Tara

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to do a collection settlement

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an tmobile accout in collections. It comes and goes, switches collecting agencies. I was going to pay it soon $315 but it just dropped off IC systems and I got a letter for a settlement for $204 from another company. 

What is the best rout to take? Pay settlement or PIF? Is it possible to get it completely off? Original debt should  be almost 3 yrs old. 

THanks

Tara

I would look up the SOL for my state prior to making any offers.

The closer the debt is to the SOL expiration, the smaller the amount the CA will settle for

If the debt is nowhere near the SOL expiration then offer 50% of the total amount 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best way to do a collection settlement

Has the new debt collector reported their collection?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.