cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to handle this? Jefferson Capital Systems collection.

tag
saywhaat04
Established Member

Re: Best way to handle this? Jefferson Capital Systems collection.

I just filed a complain on the BBB website in regards to Jefferson Capital. I hope all of this works out!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will work out. Filed a complaint and Jefferson agreed to delete. They are pretty cooperative if you file a complaint.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

I was able to haggle the debt down to $500.00 and it will be removed from my credit report within 30 days. I got everything in writing before I sent the money. I probably could of haggled for less.... but I'm happy with the result.

Message 13 of 20
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

I was able to haggle the debt down to $500.00 and it will be removed from my credit report within 30 days. I got everything in writing before I sent the money. I probably could of haggled for less.... but I'm happy with the result.

Good to hear...last time I dealt with these guys, they tried to get me to pay for an account that had already been paid, and was even outside the SOL.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saved copies of all of the paperwork/receipts on my computer drive AND a duplicate online (Gmail storage), just in case there is any funny business in the future.

Message 15 of 20
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Jefferson Capital are there with IC systems in being the sweethearts of collection agencies. They will go away on their own after payment. 

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

As of yesterday, the collection was removed from my Equifax report and that jumped me up 27 points. I'm guessing that the Transunion report will follow shortly.

Message 17 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I too have filed a complaint with them for not sending me one letter or phone call prior to putting an old debt on my credit reports I have called and called them to get verification to which I can never do so I filed a BBB complaint after reading over all their complaints on the website , I'm waiting response now
Message 18 of 20
bsesender

do you happen to have a pay for delete letter that you are willing to share?

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.