Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to remove collections off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to remove collections off

Does anyone have an idea on the best way to remove collections off of my credit report?   I have 6 medical collections showing on report totaling a little over $1,200, in addition to a tax lien. I can pay up the collections but what is the best way to get them off- through the collection agency?  Also, I was told that tax liens can now be removed off of credit reports, is this true?  I need to improve my scores so that I can buy my first home.  Please help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to remove collections off

For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me. Judgements usually need to be paid and then you file for vacatur of the judgement if the court vacates the judgement then you can dispute it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me. Judgements usually need to be paid and then you file for vacatur of the judgement if the court vacates the judgement then you can dispute it.

Thanks tel12.  I googled the HIPAA Letter Process and I'm eating my lunch while reading it.  :-) Quick question: How do I PM on this forum?  I'm a newbie :-|

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is there any chance of still having the medical debt paid via insurance, or have you exhausted that option?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks tel12.  I googled the HIPAA Letter Process and I'm eating my lunch while reading it.  :-) Quick question: How do I PM on this forum?  I'm a newbie :-|

Click on a person's user name in their post this will take you to their profile page on the right hand side under "Contact me" click on the "send this user a private message" link.
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Lets remember here that what cannot be posted in the public forum cannot be posted thru the PM system either. Discussion of the workings of the HIPAA Process are prohibited on myFico all one can do is suggest that you Google it and contact its creator. Thanks for your understanding on this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.