Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to resolve 2 collections on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to resolve 2 collections on credit report

I finaly went ahead and got my credit reports and I currently have 2, very small, collections being reported. One from ANFI for Dish Network for $148 and one for Credit Collection Services for Progressive for $87.

I have absolutely no problem paying these both in full but I would like to know the best way to go about it with the most positive end result. Do I contact Dish Network and Progressive directly or do I now need to work with the collection agencies? It also looks like this PFD thing is an option where I offer to pay it if they will remove it. Can that be done over the phone or any other faster way than sending a letter in the mail?

I want to take care of both accounts ASAP and have the most benefit from them. Out of my entire report these are the biggest negative drawback.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to resolve 2 collections on credit report

@Anonymous wrote:

I finaly went ahead and got my credit reports and I currently have 2, very small, collections being reported. One from ANFI for Dish Network for $148 and one for Credit Collection Services for Progressive for $87.

I have absolutely no problem paying these both in full but I would like to know the best way to go about it with the most positive end result. Do I contact Dish Network and Progressive directly or do I now need to work with the collection agencies? It also looks like this PFD thing is an option where I offer to pay it if they will remove it. Can that be done over the phone or any other faster way than sending a letter in the mail?

I want to take care of both accounts ASAP and have the most benefit from them. Out of my entire report these are the biggest negative drawback.

Thanks!

How long has AFNI had the Dish account? How old is it? If not too old, this one may be easy to get rid of.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AFNI account was opened 1/14 and last reported on 2/14. The CCS was opened on 3/16 and last reported 12/16.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The AFNI account was opened 1/14 and last reported on 2/14. The CCS was opened on 3/16 and last reported 12/16.

Have you recieved any dunning notice from AFNI? or recent bills?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure I have but I don't have any on hand.

I'm not disputing either debt, I just want to pay them off with maximum effectiveness, preferably having them removed completely if at all possible.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the top!

How should I go about trying to get these removed entirely from my credit report?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.