Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better choice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better choice?

Just got out of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy (10/2010) after 5 years. Besides the Bankruptcy and A federal tax lein (11/2009 that is paid) I have a $1212 medical bill from my wifes stroke 5 years ago. I have a Discover CC with a $1800 CL. Should I pay the bill off with the CC and ask them to remove, or save a few more months and pay cash? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Better choice?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got out of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy (10/2010) after 5 years. Besides the Bankruptcy and A federal tax lein (11/2009 that is paid) I have a $1212 medical bill from my wifes stroke 5 years ago. I have a Discover CC with a $1800 CL. Should I pay the bill off with the CC and ask them to remove, or save a few more months and pay cash? 

Shouldn't that have been discharged with the BK?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened 6 months after Ch 13 was started
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It happened 6 months after Ch 13 was started

OK, I see...

As to you question, its a case of "six of one, half dozen of another". You'll have it paid sooner using your Card, but your UTI will be high until you pay it down. If you save up and pay cash, you'll save on interest, but it will take longer to get it paid.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.