Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of CREDITORS COLLECTION BUREAU

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beware of CREDITORS COLLECTION BUREAU

@Lawstudent007 wrote:

So is it more lile a hit or miss with the CRAs, or does HIPAA not work at all?

Hit or miss for as long as there is a success story to post. But I've read more and more misses for TU and EQ, which had been previously good about removing CAs due to HIPAA. The letters are too cookie-cutter.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, so it sounds like I maybe wasting my time?  I will give it a shot anyway.  Do you know if it is illegal for the name to say anything besides hospital or medical provider since it states the type of issue I had in the title of the medical provider?

Message 12 of 18
Lawstudent007

Thank you for your responses. I'll reseach it a bit more to determine if it's even worth me giving it a shot.

Message 13 of 18
northernbelle
New Visitor

I've done business with them before. They're good people. I had a very similar conversation with them years ago. After paying your bill, wait a few weeks and open up a dispute via the collection bureau (easy to do and online). Respond by saying that you have paid them in full. When the credit bureau calls CCB to acknowledge that you still owe the money, they will not respond. As a result, the credit bureau will erase the collection from your credit.

I don't blame you for being suspicious. I've been duped before by other companies. As of about a year ago, they are true to their word. Congrats on the progress your are making! My best to you.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you did the dispute online what reason did you use?  I have them and I was going to give them a call and I did look online to dispute but I'm not sure what reason to use. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried calling to no avail.  I disputed and they came back verifying the debt, so this for me didn't work.  I know that disputing it isn't correct.  I currently have sent a GW letter to them.  After 2 weeks I still have not heard anything and it is still on my report.  They are reporting to all 3 credit bureaus and this is the only collection on 2 of them. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that if its properly coded "medical" then you are the only one that sees that. Others veiwing your file should only see "medical provider" or something similar.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only showing as medical on EQ.  I sent my original GW letter on 5/6 to the CEO, yesterday I sent another letter (via email) to a different vice president and within 15 minutes I had a response back saying that she will send it for deletion with their end of month stuff on Friday.  Hopefully next week I get a big bump as this is the only collection on 2.  Now I have one unpaid collection on EQ to try to get off, scheduled for deletion in October. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.